Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A New Way to Think About Witnessing
I started this journal several weeks ago simply to share my journey of faith. I don’t wish to claim superior knowledge or superior faith. My only desire is to bear witness to the transformation that God is bringing into my life. In the weeks that I’ve been engaged in this intentional journaling and reflecting I’ve been struck by the extraordinary power that comes from this kind of witnessing and sharing. Teaching and preaching certainly have their place in the realm of faith. The transmission of knowledge, understanding and wisdom from one person to another are vital links in the movement of faith throughout the human community and from one generation to the next. However, the transmission of knowledge, understanding and wisdom from “teacher” to “learner” is sometimes incapable of penetrating the depth of one’s spirit in the same way that simply sharing our faith journey with another can do.
I have shared with many friends the power that they have felt, both in the giving and receiving, in sharing their journey with someone else. I believe that there is a kindred spirit that can be developed between fellow travelers, even between very different people, when in grace and openness the journey of faith is shared. There is something very exciting about sharing with someone else the good news of what God is doing in your life! From the day to day feelings of God’s abiding presence and peace to those moments of amazing grace that break unexpectedly in our life God continues to bless us.
In these last eight months of journeying God, I have been blessed in extraordinary ways. Everything that God had done in my life up to the point last fall when I became engaged in the Two Year Academy helped to create an environment of openness and readiness to receive a fuller measure of grace. I’m not sure how many people are sharing my journey through this journal, and at the end of the day, the numbers don’t matter. If I can share this journey with even one person and you feel blessed by my sharing of the ways that God has worked to transform my life, then I give thanks to God for the sharing. If you’ve been blessed through my sharing, then please share that blessing with others in your life. Pray that God would help you to find your voice for sharing your witness to God’s grace. Through this sharing God will continue to make our lives and our world new.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one appreciate your open approach to this experience. It goes to show that each person grows continually through their life...that one does not "arrive"...that you need to keep exploring. I read your journal every week...and miss the few weeks that your schedule won't let you add comments.

J.T. said...

I'm grateful for your comments and am thankful that you have found benefit in your own life from the things I share.
J.T.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»